Monday 29 April 2013

Epiphone Les Paul Special Model - 7 - Design Ideas

So this is pretty much how the Epiphone Les Paul Special Model looked when it was brand new.  The one I bought looked slightly more battle worn than this!  I thought long and hard on how to refinish the guitar including an RAF target design.  I found a site which lets you create your own designs and these are some of the ones I came up with.


 Black with an off white racing stripe.


Gold Top with a brown stripe?


 Something with a swish!


Another variation on the 'swish' theme.


Finally I decided on the above colour scheme and trotted off to Halfords to find a similar colour.  I plan to spray with Auto paints as I don't have access to a compressor and spray gun.  The colours I chose were Ford Neptune Green and Ford Ivory White. Cant wait to see it finished now!

By the way check out the SC Guitar Editor here http://www.frankmontag.com/sc_guitar.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment