Thursday 2 May 2013

Telecaster Project - 3 - Finishing The Template

 Back to the Telecaster template tonight.  I have cut out the holes using my jigsaw for the pickups and control cavities.


Next I spread filler inside the cut outs and then sanded them smooth before applying a thin coat of grey primer just to seal everything in.



At the same time I took my plane to the body blank and started to smooth the top and bottom.  My joinery is not going to win any prizes but we all have to start somewhere!

I will keep sanding and planing until the top and bottom are flat, then I can think about attaching the template and routing out the body shape.


I originally set the boards in the same orientation with the centre of the grain patten all pointing the same way, but then I remembered that pine likes to 'cup' if the grain is not alternated so I glued them as above.

No comments:

Post a Comment