Saturday 29 June 2013

Telecaster Two - 31 - Neck Pickup Pocket Route

Last night I started making a template for the P90 pickup cavities.  I carefully measured one of the pickups and transferred the markings to blank piece of MDF.  I then drilled a hole in the 4 corners and cut out the hole with my jigsaw and a clamped straight edge.


The template worked fine and I routed the slot with a router bit with a bearing on it which ran around the inner perimeter of the template.


It was nice to see the hole I had drilled for the wires was there waiting for me.  with a little fine tuning I have a nice snug fit for the neck pickup.


With a little more stain applied around the edge of the pickup cavity it was ready for another thin coat of Tru-Oil.


The front is looking nice, I keep spreading thin coats of Tru-Oil all over the body, its really starting to shine now!



No comments:

Post a Comment