Sunday 3 November 2013

Another Ukulele Project - Time To Fit The Hardware

Today I continued work on the Telecaster Ukulele, The pickup, bridge and machine heads all arrived so I started by chiselling out a cavity for the pickup and electronics.  I have decided to mount the volume and tone pots directly on the pick guard.


I drilled 8 holes to secure the pickguard and marked out the position of the pickup.  Next I marked out the position of the bridge, drilled mounting holes and then drilled through the body and installed the string ferrules.


Mounting the pots on the pick guard saves having to route the the back of the body to make a control cavity, space is limited anyway, I just hope the knobs don't get in the way and make it difficult to play the instrument.


No comments:

Post a Comment