Friday 27 September 2013

Telecaster III - 4 - More Body Work

Last night I made a frame to glide my router over, the idea is to run the router over the body to take some of the thickness out of the blank and to even up the uneven rough timber I used.  Construction is simply 4 pieces of skirting board cut to size and but jointed, screwed and glued.


I also attached a base to the frame so I know the base is even to the sides and the slight overhang leaves me something to clamp the jig down with.


I have to be careful the skis don't come off the edge as the router bit is then lower and takes more material away than I intended.  This is a messy job hence I am doing it outside and not on my workbench!


With a couple of passes I have the desired thickness and I have now applied some wood filler and will continue the laborious process of sanding everything smooth.  I still haven't decided if I am going to hollow the body out yet but the body will defiantly be painted.


No comments:

Post a Comment